Pages

International Cuisine

Worcestershire Fried Belly Pork Snack

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Worcestershire Fried Belly Pork

I was cooking Long Bean Rice over the weekend when I had excessive belly pork (or is it pork belly?) to use. So, I fooled around by experimenting with it to see if I could churn out a simple snack with it. Tastes not too bad and my daughter loved it to bits (pun intended). What I did was to chop the belly pork into really small pieces and marinade them primarily with worcestershire sauce. Then, I fried them till golden brown. My next quest is to find a way to tenderise the pork. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, this is my new recipe called Worcestershire Fried Belly Pork Snack

Ingredients

  • Belly pork (chopped into small pieces - smaller than a clove of garlic)
  • Oil for shallow frying

Seasoning

  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Black pepper powder

Method

Marinade belly pork bits with a little worcestershire sauce for about 10 minutes.

Heat oil in wok or pan and fry the belly pork bits. When the bits have cooked (but not browned thoroughly yet), add seasoning to taste. Continue frying till golden brown.

Dish up and serve after allowing excess fat / oil to drip.

0 comments: