Pages

International Cuisine

The Healthy Red Juice (Beetroot-Cucumber-Pineapple Juice)

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The first time I tasted beetroot juice was at a juice center in Tahoe, and frankly, I wasn't too impressed. But I knew that not all things are meant just for your taste buds, and beet is something that is really a boon for your body. It cleanses your system and increases haemoglobin, alongwith purifying your blood. So the challenge was to keep trying some combinations with beet till I found a concoction that was healthy and comparably tasty. Also, my diet plan had taught me that cucumber and apple are 2 other things that work well for the body, and also go well together. So I experimented with these flavors and came up with the following drink recipe which I am sure will appeal to your body system and your tongue! Due to lack of imagination, I just named it "The Healthy Red Drink"

Ingredients
1 small grated cucumber
1 grated beetroot
1/2 cup grated pineapple
4 apples - cut in 4
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp grated ginger (optional)

Method
Blend the beetroot, ginger, pineapple and cucumber along with water. Boil the apple cubes and grind along with the sugar. Then mix with the other juice and again ouree everything together to form an even juice. Strain the mixture, then pour it into glasses. Garnish with ice cubes and mint leaves and serve chilled.

This juice is not only tasty, it serves as a toxin-remover for the entire body. So drink this at least once a week; your body will surely thank you for this!

0 comments: